Monday 3 December 2012

TÊTE-À-TÊTE: MADDIE DALY

We had the pleasure of being graced by the presence of makeup artist Maddie Daly during the BELÁ TESORO She's a Rainbow lookbook shoot. Her enthusiasm, passion and laughter is infectious and her skills with a makeup kit are admirable. Sometimes you come across a person whose energy completely lights up a room and Maddie is a perfect example.

Who?

Maddie Daly, 20, Aquarius, Brisbane

What?

“Daly Faces” Makeup Artist

Most valued beautiful treasure?

My best friend and my Mum. They’re beautiful and make me smile every single day.

Your meaning of beauty?

Beauty definitely goes beyond the makeup I work with every day. I think Anne Roiphe said it best: “A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears”.

What do you treasure most about your life?

My faith.

Most cherished piece of jewellery?

Rosary beads that belonged to my Grandpa.

Favourite BELÁ TESORO product?

The Reluzir and Algeria necklaces – LOVE!

BELÁ TESORO is...

Unique, sophisticated and debonair.

The BELÁ TESORO lady...

is a marvellous individual.

Number one beauty tip?

I double dare you to try something different! A bold lipstick, neon eye shadow, shimmer on your cheeks… Anything to make you feel venturesome. The compliments will make your day.

Favourite wardrobe item?

My entire shoe collection! Cannot go past a classic Zillion pump from Wittner.

Style inspirations?

Brilliant ladies such as Brigitte Bardot, Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli are my inspiration for feminine shapes and classic styles. I also love the movie “Singin’ in the Rain” as it inspires me to dress up to feel truly spectacular every day.

Favourite read?

The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald and 1984 by George Orwell.

Last cooking success?

Play-dough pancakes when I was four… I’m not a great cook!

Beverage of choice?

Champagne with a strawberry.

Favourite place in the world?

Vatican City, Italy.

Signature scent?

Flower by Kenzo.

How do you relax?

I like to do my makeup before taking on a big task - wearing a bright lipstick makes me feel like I can do anything.

Current obsession?

Travelling the world and exposing myself to wonderfully different cultures and environments. 

Whose wardrobe would you like to raid?

Lady Gaga’s for a laugh.

Perfect day?

Sunshine, drinks, friends, fabulous makeup, and then Leonardo DiCaprio makes a surprise appearance and forgets to wear pants.

Your loved ones would describe you as:

Best friend/soul mate says: driven, loyal and giggly.

Life motto/mantra?

Always choose happiness.

~

Always! You can contact Maddie at dalyfaces@hotmail.com for business enquiries.


No comments:

Post a Comment