Tuesday 3 July 2012

TÊTE-À-TÊTE: LAUREN



She's an Australian fashion journalist turned globetrotting travel writer. Say bonjour to Lauren Burvill, a modern day Gypset glamour whose work has graced the realms of Vogue, Madison, Peppermint, The Vine, Broadsheet and so many more. With a fondness for Mick Jagger, crushed velvet and pool parties, Lauren is a lady after our own hearts.

Who?

Lauren Burvill, 25 (Libra), Brisbane

What? 

Full time travel writer, part-time fashion writer, casual creative writer. I write a lot!

Most valued beautiful treasure?

My Maltese cross West Highland Terrier dog Jack. Although, he is less a beautiful treasure and more like my beautiful son with attitude. He's a cuddly teddy bear come to life.

Your meaning of beauty?

Beauty to me is a warm and welcoming personality with lots of smiles. Thick eyebrows and messy hair. I'm also a sucker for beards and big lips.

What do you treasure most about your life?

My wonderful friends and family, naturally. But I'm also incredibly grateful that I get paid to do what I love. I feel very lucky and it's something I'll never take for granted.

Most cherished piece of jewellery?

When I was 15 my dad went to Europe. At the time I requested he bring me home a pair of white Fendi boots, an incredibly ambitious and, now that I look back, cringeworthy request. He never did make it into Fendi, but instead bought me home a pair of antique gold earrings with turquoise stones and drop pearls from Portobello Road in London. They are over 100 years old and incredibly beautiful. He did good and I've been obsessed with turquoise and gold (a rare combination) ever since.

Favourite BELÁ TESORO piece?

The Cruzar Necklace. It looks incredible in the lookbook.

BELÁ TESORO is...

Detailed, nostalgic, ethereal.

The BELÁ TESORO lady...

is a dreamer.

Number one beauty tip?

Experiment with everything. When in doubt? Glitter.

Favourite wardrobe item?

For sentimental reasons it would have to be a white lace silk shawl with fringing that used to belong to my grandma.

Style inspirations?

I love the whimsical. Penny Lane, Annie Hall, Stevie Nicks, Mick Jagger and anyone who has ever slept with him.

Tunes on repeat?

At the moment I'm listening to The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Rolling Stones, Pond and my boyfriend's band Young Men Dead.

Favourite read?

I'm currently enjoying a love affair with Russh Magazine.

Last cooking success?

I think I'm yet to have one.

Beverage of choice?

Malibu and pineapple juice. Tropical island happiness in a glass.

Favourite place in the world?

Under the sea.

Signature scent?

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens.

How do you relax?

After a long day at work I love coming home to watch Stylelikeu videos in bed - relaxing and inspiring all at once.

Current obsession?

I'm currently going through a big American West Coast phase, and dreaming about California, Arizona and the Nevada desert. Cactus county and dusty roads... Neil Young and the Black Keys... Sons of Anarchy bikies and Lords of Dogtown skater kids... Suede dresses, crushed velvet flares and white singlets...

Whose wardrobe would you like to raid?

Catherine Baba.

Perfect day?

A day that begins at brunch with friends and evolves into a pool party that runs late into the night. Something like Beyonce's 'Party' film clip.

Your loved ones would describe you as:

Imaginative, committed, eclectic.

Life motto/mantra?

Judy Garland once said: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else".

~

You can take a further peek into lovely Lauren's whimsical world on her website and Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment